$1.9 million hypercar Koenigsegg Regera sold out!
When a car is worth a jaw-dropping $1.9 million, it is obvious that will take some time for the company to sell out each specimen of that model. Not when the company is Sweden-based Koenigsegg Automotive AB. The company has sold all the 80 units of its Regera plug-in hybrid hypercar. Debuted at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show, the Koenigsegg Regera went into production in 2016, and in just a year the company has achieved this feat.
Koenigsegg has always been into manufacturing small batch of its exclusive cars. However, the Regera is its largest series production model with 80 units. It was also for the first time that the Koenigsegg was using a parallel production line to manufacture a sportscar.
The Koenigsegg Regera is powered by an electric drive system that consists of three electric motors - one on the crankshaft and one on each of the two rear axles. These electric motors produce a total output of 670PS. Koenigsegg claims that the power-to-weight ratio, which is more than 10PS per kilogram, has never been offered in a road-legal electric car prior to the Regera. This power, along with 1,100PS from the internal combustion engine, is directed to the rear wheels with the help of Koenigsegg Direct Drive system (KDD) instead of a conventional gearbox. This single-speed unit has been designed to save both weight and mechanical losses. All of that tech helps the Koenigsegg Regera attain an acceleration of 0-400kmph in as little as 20 seconds.
"It [Regera] has been our greatest technical challenge, and as such it is also our greatest technical triumph," commented, CEO, Christian von Koenigsegg. Knowing how Koenigsegg pops out concepts at Geneva Motor Shows, the successor of Regera might makes it presence felt at the 2018 edition of the show.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far