10-year old public diesel vehicles to be banned in Jaipur
Public diesel vehicles over 10-year old will no longer be able to ply on Jaipur roads. The Rajasthan state government has decided to ban them from city roads in a move aimed at controlling air pollution. The decision was taken at the Traffic Control Board's (TCB) meeting that was chaired by the Jaipur Development Commissioner (JDC) Shikhar Agrawal.
Post the implementation of the ban, public diesel vehicles including bus, mini-bus, auto rickshaws and jeeps older than 10-years won't be allowed on city roads. The permit for public diesel vehicles has been reduced to 10 years from the previously applicable 20 years.
Image used for representative purpose
The state government has decided to phase out buses which are over 10-years old by March 2018. The auto rickshaws which are over 10-years old will be phased out by March 2019.
Additionally, a decision has been taken to not renew the permit of diesel auto rickshaws. The Regional Transport Office (RTO) had already banned the registration of new diesel auto rickshaws two years ago.
Additionally, the RTO will be presenting their plan on introducing an app-based private bus service to a high-power committee within the next two weeks. This app-based bus service is expected to reduce traffic congestion and pollution by encouraging people to rely on public transport instead of their cars.
- OpinionNatural selection
- FeaturesThe Brembo 19RCS Costa Corsa explained
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range