10th generation Honda Accord to debut on July 14
Honda's flagship offering, the Accord will go through a new-generation makeover. The Japanese car maker has already released a teaser image while the production model will be showcased on July 14 at Detroit. Honda claims that the new-gen Accord will be the most fun-to-drive, premium and dramatically styled iteration ever made.
2018 Honda Accord Concept Sketch
The new-gen Honda Accord has been designed from scratch. From the teaser images, it can be seen that the new Accord takes its design inspirations from the new Civic. This is evident from the long hood, solid radiator grille and the large scoops around the fog lamps. The sleek all-LED headlights look like an evolution of the present unit, however, more swept back than the one offered in the present model. The other but that can be seen from the concept is that the new-gen offering will be wider and lower placed to give the sedan a more aggressive and a sportier design than the outgoing model.
Honda has already confirmed that the new Accord will be offered with a choice between three powerful and fuel-efficient powertrains. This includes the two new ew direct-injected and turbocharged engines paired with either a new Honda-developed 10-speed automatic transmission, CVT or a 6-speed manual transmission. In addition, Honda will also offer the new generation of the two-motor hybrid powertrain. The company has not shared any details on the specifications of these powertrains yet. The same will be shared at the time of the global debut of the model on July 14.
About the 10th generation Honda Accord coming to India, we believe the Japanese car manufacturer might consider bringing it to country next year. The Honda Accord Hybrid presently competes with the Toyota Camry in India. It will also lock horns with the upcoming Volkswagen Passat GTE that is expected to debut this year.
Starts Rs 43.21 Lakhs
Starts Rs 29.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 29.99 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- NewsPiaggio launches updated Aprilia SR150, Vespa and mobile connectivity app
- NewsMercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsJaguar Land Rover India now offering advanced connectivity features on Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Discovery
- NewsVolvo Car India opens a boutique showroom in Noida
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 launched in Metallic Red paint option
- FeaturesImage gallery: OD SUV Slugfest
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 RT with new larger boxer engine revealed
- NewsImage gallery: Audi e-tron electric SUV unveiled
- NewsLive Updates: Vespa and Aprilia to launch new products in India
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil