11,002 units of the Jeep Compass recalled to update software
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles India has recalled 11,002 units of its Jeep Compass SUV. This affects two-wheel drive models manufactured between December 18, 2017, and November 30, 2018. Being updated are the powertrain control module (PCM) software. The current software might cause variations leading to non-compliance with emission norms. There is no risk to occupant of these cars from this
Jeep's authorized dealers will contact vehicle owners directly to fix appointments to update the PCM software from the first week of March onwards. cars present in dealer stockyards will be similarly updated.
Speaking to a news agency about the recall, the company said, "This action is to correct production variations that may cause certain vehicles to exceed the regulatory threshold for particulate matter emissions This software refresh takes around 15 minutes and will be carried out at no cost to customers."
The Jeep Compass has been a big success for the brand in India. It comes with a wide range of trim and engine options. It gets a 2.0 litre diesel motor with 173PS and 350 Nm and a 1.4 turbo petrol with 163PS and 250 Nm. The two transmission options are a six-speed manual and seven-speed dual-clutch auto. AWD is also available. Coming soon is a more off-road focused top-spec Trailhawk trim which should get a more advanced nine-speed torque convertor, among a host of other off-road friendly equipment.
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.23 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Mahindra Adventure and Gaurav Gill will compete in the remaining rounds of the national rally championship
- News2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV unveiled
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Skoda Octavia shown in sketches ahead of November 11 reveal
- NewsIndian rider Harith Noah part of Sherco TVS's Dakar 2020 ride lineup
- NewsLamborghini inaugurates a showroom in New Delhi, India