152 units of 2018 Jeep Compass SUV recalled, India models remain unaffected
FCA has issued a recall of the Jeep Compass SUV sold in the international markets. The Jeep Compass SUV models that are affected under this recall are said to have an issue with the the Power Control Module (PCM) that might cause the cruise control to malfunction. It might lock at a particular speed and not be overridden even after application of brakes or accelerate unexpectedly. This issue is believed to be a result of a faulty PCM software. Jeep mentions that the affected vehicles are not safe to drive and also are risky for the oncoming traffic and other vehicles, unless the gear is in neutral or the brakes are applied. This is the second time Jeep Compass was recalled in the international market, where the first one was related to a stalling problem. However, the Jeep Compass SUVs sold in India remain unaffected since the India-spec model does not come equipped with cruise control yet.
Jeep dealers present in the US and in Australia will be contacted by the company through email, where an appointment will be scheduled with the closest dealer. And if need be, the PCM will be reprogrammed. Jeep Compass customers can go through the official website, or call on 1300 133 079.
Last year Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) had issued a voluntary recall of its Compass SUV in India. The company had stated that the SUV was recalled due to faulty airbags that had loose fasteners. FCA planned to recall an estimated 1,200 Jeep Compass SUVs that were manufactured between the months of September and November 2017.
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
- NewsRoyal Enfield sets foot in South Korea - sales, service and spares operations commenced
- News2019 Tata Tigor facelift compact sedan spotted testing
- News2019 Euro NASCAR: Advait Deodhar scores rookie podium despite difficult season-opener
- FeaturesIndian Election Campaign Vehicles (IECV)
- NewsHyundai Venue: How does it stack up against the competition?
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip