1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake reborn for a limited run
With the new Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 expected only by 2020, here is some great news for purist fans. Custom performance vehicle manufacturer Shelby American has announced that it will offer a continuation model of the 1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake. This model is based on the original 1967 Ford Mustang. It will come powered by a mental 7.0-litre V8 engine that produces upwards of 557PS. The motor will be mated to a four-speed manual transmission, and each car will feature a dash plaque signed by the legendary Carroll Shelby and Don McCain.
And if you want one, you will need to make a mad dash with your chequebook, since only 10 such cars will be made and with a starting price of $ 249,995 (Rs 1.70 crore approximately). Each car will be built to order. That may be a big amount, but Shelby's justification is that an original 1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake was recently sold for $ 1.3 million (Rs 8.83 crore).
The original 1967 Super Snake also used to feature a 7.0-litre V8 race engine, along with heavy-duty front disc brakes and a Detroit Locker rear end. The biggest visual cue to identify a Super Snake was its unique front grille. It also featured rear traction bars, and specially-made Goodyear Thunderbolt tyres.
Starts Rs 71.62 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show