1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake reborn for a limited run
With the new Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 expected only by 2020, here is some great news for purist fans. Custom performance vehicle manufacturer Shelby American has announced that it will offer a continuation model of the 1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake. This model is based on the original 1967 Ford Mustang. It will come powered by a mental 7.0-litre V8 engine that produces upwards of 557PS. The motor will be mated to a four-speed manual transmission, and each car will feature a dash plaque signed by the legendary Carroll Shelby and Don McCain.
And if you want one, you will need to make a mad dash with your chequebook, since only 10 such cars will be made and with a starting price of $ 249,995 (Rs 1.70 crore approximately). Each car will be built to order. That may be a big amount, but Shelby's justification is that an original 1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake was recently sold for $ 1.3 million (Rs 8.83 crore).
The original 1967 Super Snake also used to feature a 7.0-litre V8 race engine, along with heavy-duty front disc brakes and a Detroit Locker rear end. The biggest visual cue to identify a Super Snake was its unique front grille. It also featured rear traction bars, and specially-made Goodyear Thunderbolt tyres.
Starts Rs 71.62 Lakhs
- Review2018 Toyota Yaris V MT road test review
- Review2018 Kia Rio X-line first drive review
- NewsGoodyear launches the Assurance TripleMax 2 tyre range in India
- NewsAishwarya Pissay to be part of Sherco TVS Rally Factory squad at 2018 Baja Aragon
- NewsDani Pedrosa announces his retirement from MotoGP
- NewsBentley Motors enters 100th year with the premiere of a short film
- NewsRenault Kwid fails ASEAN NCAP safety test, gets a zero-star rating
- NewsTata 45X based premium hatchback to launch in India by the 2019 festive season
- News2018 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Sport launched at Rs 46.60 lakh
- NewsAnalysis: Kawasaki to localise Ninja 300 for better pricing?