1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake reborn for a limited run
With the new Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 expected only by 2020, here is some great news for purist fans. Custom performance vehicle manufacturer Shelby American has announced that it will offer a continuation model of the 1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake. This model is based on the original 1967 Ford Mustang. It will come powered by a mental 7.0-litre V8 engine that produces upwards of 557PS. The motor will be mated to a four-speed manual transmission, and each car will feature a dash plaque signed by the legendary Carroll Shelby and Don McCain.
And if you want one, you will need to make a mad dash with your chequebook, since only 10 such cars will be made and with a starting price of $ 249,995 (Rs 1.70 crore approximately). Each car will be built to order. That may be a big amount, but Shelby's justification is that an original 1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake was recently sold for $ 1.3 million (Rs 8.83 crore).
The original 1967 Super Snake also used to feature a 7.0-litre V8 race engine, along with heavy-duty front disc brakes and a Detroit Locker rear end. The biggest visual cue to identify a Super Snake was its unique front grille. It also featured rear traction bars, and specially-made Goodyear Thunderbolt tyres.
Starts Rs 74.62 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Mahindra Adventure and Gaurav Gill will compete in the remaining rounds of the national rally championship
- News2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV unveiled
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Skoda Octavia shown in sketches ahead of November 11 reveal
- NewsIndian rider Harith Noah part of Sherco TVS's Dakar 2020 ride lineup
- NewsLamborghini inaugurates a showroom in New Delhi, India