1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429, Boss 302 and Mach 1, you can buy them brand new now
There will hardly be any car enthusiast who has not been smitten by the classic Ford Mustang of the 60s. They looked muscular, had lots of swag and then who can forget their beast-like roar. All of that you might not get in a modern day offering. However, you can now buy the 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429, Boss 302 or even the Mach 1 brand new, thanks to the American company Classic Recreations.
As it might be already known, the Boss 429 and Boss 302 were race-spec cars based on production models. The homologation rules of the 60s were far more stringent than the present day for they made sure that the race cars were very close to the regular offerings sold in the market. In the yesteryears, 1,400 specimens of the Ford 429 were made. The main idea behind this one was for Ford to participate in the NASCAR championship with a 429-cubic inch V8 motor. Similarly, the Ford 302 was made to rival the likes of the Dodge Challenger T/A and the Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 in the Trans-Am racing series. The Ford Mach 1 was famous for its radical design and its name. It is speculated that Ford will be reviving the iconic name for its upcoming electric SUV that is expected to arrive in 2022 and is believed to have a driving range of close to 483km in one full charge. The upcoming SUV might be manufactured at the Flat Rock, Michigan plant.
Classic Recreations, under an official license from Ford Motor Company, will manufacture the the Boss and the Mach 1 using its original or completely new bodies. Interestingly, Classic Recreations prefers calling them "continuation cars" than replicas. The displacement of the Boss 429 will remain unchanged but will come with modern additions like electronic fuel injection. The Boss 302 will employ the same V8 that is offered in the modern day Mustang GT. Ford EcoBoost motors will be doing the duty in the Ford Mach 1.
Boss 429 will makes its first public appearance at SEMA 2018 in Las Vegas first, followed by the Ford Boss 302 and Mach 1. While prices have not been announced yet, we believe adding one of these in your parking lot, won't be a normal affair.
Starts Rs 71.62 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsAutomobile events this week: May 21 - 27
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift launched in India
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez delivers masterclass at Le Mans
- NewsSpecial feature: 2018 Mercedes-Benz OVERDRIVE Winter Drive
- NewsHyundai Creta facelift launched in India at a starting price of Rs 9.44 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- NewsWRC 2018: Victory at Rally Portugal gives Thierry Neuville championship lead
- News2018 Lexus LX 570 flagship SUV launched in India at Rs 2.32 crore
- NewsNew Volvo S60 sedan will not have a diesel engine option
- NewsUpcoming Tata H5X SUV spotted testing again in new video
- NewsFormula E: Heidfeld scores points for Mahindra Racing at Berlin ePrix