2.0-litre Porsche Macan launched in India at Rs 76.13 lakh
The Porsche Macan 2.0-litre has been launched in India at Rs 76.13 lakh, ex-Mumbai. Bookings for this car are open at Rs 10 lakh, and deliveries of this vehicle are expected to begin between in November, 2016. This version is the least powerful one in the Macan line-up and features a 2.0-litre turbo-charged petrol engine with a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission. It puts out 252PS of power from 5,000-6,000rpm and 370Nm of torque between 1,600 and 4,500rpm through its all-wheel drive system. Porsche claims that the Macan has a top speed of 229kmph and a 0-100kmph time of 6.7 seconds.
The Porsche Macan Turbo and Macan Diesel S didn't do too well for the brand in India. This is due to its high price tag. The Macan Diesel S, for instance, is priced at Rs 1.02 crore (ex-Delhi), which is almost Rs 4 lakh more expensive than the Porsche Cayenne Diesel. Since the Cayenne is larger than and as modern as the Macan Diesel S, customers see a better value-for-money proposition and opt for itinstead.
The Porsche Macan sits at a price where its closest competitor is the Mercedes-AMG GLA 45, which costs Rs 75.69 lakh, ex-Delhi. However, the GLA 45 uses a turbo-charged inline four-cylinder engine, that displaces far more power and torque at 381PS and 475Nm.
Team OD | 19 Oct 2018
- News2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter launched in India at Rs 54,650
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter launch
- News2020 Porsche Taycan EV to be priced between Panamera and Cayenne
- News2019 Honda CBR 150R details out, to rival the Yamaha R15 v3 in India?
- NewsMahindra Marazzo garners over 10,000 bookings since launch
- NewsTata Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP to launch in India on October 26
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh