2.0-litre Porsche Macan launched in India at Rs 76.13 lakh
The Porsche Macan 2.0-litre has been launched in India at Rs 76.13 lakh, ex-Mumbai. Bookings for this car are open at Rs 10 lakh, and deliveries of this vehicle are expected to begin between in November, 2016. This version is the least powerful one in the Macan line-up and features a 2.0-litre turbo-charged petrol engine with a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission. It puts out 252PS of power from 5,000-6,000rpm and 370Nm of torque between 1,600 and 4,500rpm through its all-wheel drive system. Porsche claims that the Macan has a top speed of 229kmph and a 0-100kmph time of 6.7 seconds.
The Porsche Macan Turbo and Macan Diesel S didn't do too well for the brand in India. This is due to its high price tag. The Macan Diesel S, for instance, is priced at Rs 1.02 crore (ex-Delhi), which is almost Rs 4 lakh more expensive than the Porsche Cayenne Diesel. Since the Cayenne is larger than and as modern as the Macan Diesel S, customers see a better value-for-money proposition and opt for it instead.
The Porsche Macan sits at a price where its closest competitor is the Mercedes-AMG GLA 45, which costs Rs 75.69 lakh, ex-Delhi. However, the GLA 45 uses a turbo-charged inline four-cylinder engine, that displaces far more power and torque at 381PS and 475Nm.
Starts Rs 69.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.19 Crore
- FeaturesCounter to COVID - MTDC flags-off its motorhome and campervan
- NewsExclusive Mini Convertible Sidewalk Edition launched at Rs 44.9 lakh
- NewsRenault Kwid Neotech edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.30 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Tata Altroz turbo-petrol specs and prices leaked ahead of launch
- NewsFirst-ever Hyundai i20 N Line revealed, with same mechanicals but sportier looks