2012 Auto Expo - Maruti Ertiga: What we know so far
Maruti will be present in full force at the Auto Expo 2012 and will be focusing on displaying their UV portfolio.Maruti Suzuki will do the global unveiling of the `country's first compact MPV--- the Ertiga'. They will also be showcasing a concept compact SUV - XAalpha.
The production-ready Maruti Ertiga was actually shown in India as a concept two years ago. It resembles the Ritz but with an extended rear. It is based on the Swift platform but with a longer wheelbase and wider track, this new mini MPV will use the cab forward design which is the norm amongst MPVs. The Maruti Ertiga will slot in below the Toyota Innova, both in size and price. It will be a monocoque unlike the Innova.
The interior bits will be shared with the new Swift and SX4, thus allowing Maruti to cut down on the costs and price it competitively. It will have three rows of seats, however, the third row will not be comfortable enough for fully grown individuals during long journeys.
Maruti will also be using the Auto Expo 2012 as a platform to unveil its all new K14 petrol engine. This 1.4-litre 4-cylinder motor will develop around 110PS and will power the Ertiga. Apart from that, the Ertiga will also come with the 1.3 DDIS with variable geometry turbo producing 90PS of power. As of now, Maruti intends to launch the Ertiga with only a manual gearbox.
- NewsSpec Comparo: Maruti Suzuki XL6 vs Honda BR-V vs Renault Lodgy
- News2019 Kia Seltos SUV launched in India - The prices start from Rs 9.69 lakh
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's some cars now offered with 5-year and 1 lakh kilometres standard warranty in India
- NewsLive Updates: Kia Seltos India launch updates, prices, details, features, variants, engines
- News2019 Isuzu D-max V-Cross pickup launched in India for the price of Rs 19.99 lakh