2012 Auto Expo - VECV launches nationwide road safety program
Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicles (VECV) has launched a nationwide road safety program across India for 2012. Through this program they plan to train over 20,000 drivers in Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Cuttack, Mysore and Chennai. The road safety program will target two- and three-wheelers, LMVs, HMVs, passenger vehicles, school bus and hazardous goods transport drivers.
Announcing this Vinod Aggarwal, CEO, VECV said, "Our aim is to reach out to more drivers across India and train them on different aspects of life & work. It is heartening to see the similar kind of commitment from various government agencies, industry players and NGOs. We are committed towards safety and would be holding similar kind of practices in future also to reiterate VECV's commitment to road safety and driver training".
Highlighting their commitment to road safety is the fact that this program will also feature select schools where Eicher's award winning road safety film 'Pehla kadam safe roads safe kids' will be screened.
Team OD | 22 Aug 2019
- NewsNew Volkswagen logo unveiling at 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show
- ReviewMaruti Suzuki XL6 first drive review
- NewsMeasures to boost automotive sector announced by Finance Minister in India
- NewsKTM 790 Duke spotted in India - official bookings likely to open on September 5
- News40,618 Maruti Suzuki WagonR 1.0-litre recalled in India