2013 Detroit Auto Show: Honda Urban SUV concept
Honda unveiled its new Honda Jazz platform based Urban SUV concept at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show in North America. With this unveiling, Honda has joined the compact SUV bandwagon and has confirmed that this concept will make it into production soon and will be on sale in Japan by the end of this year.
Looking similar to Korean rival Hyundai's Veloster, the Urban SUV concept is nine inches shorter than bigger brother CR-V while just being eight inches longer than the next-generation Jazz's platform. The Urban SUV will use Honda's Earth Dreams technology diesel engine, an ideal fit for the Indian market. In a press conference last year, Honda had announced that they will first roll out a new Jazz on a new platform and then afterwards within the next two years, launch a new City and SUV based on the same platform. Going by this logic, the Urban SUV should be on the Indian roads by 2015. The plans also outline the launch of the Brio-based sedan, the Amaze this year.
The coming years sure look to be dominated by Honda. What's your take on this? Put your comments in the section below.
Starts Rs 7.45 Lakhs
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: 2020 G82 BMW M4 prototype on the Sachsenring
- FeaturesThe contenders: F1's fiercest rivalries
- News2020 Honda City to be launched in India on July 15
- NewsConfirmed: Ducati India to launch Panigale V2 in August 2020
- NewsAtal Rohtang tunnel could be inaugurated in September 2020
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block