2013 Volkswagen Jetta launched in India at Rs 13.70 lakh
Volkswagen has launched the 2013 Jetta in India at a starting price of Rs 13.70 lakh, ex-Delhi.
Additions to the new Jetta on the outside include Xenon headlamps with washers, LED daytime running lamps and 16-inch alloy wheels as opposed to 15-inch alloys in the outgoing car.
Inside, the Jetta gets 12-way electrically adjustable driver's seat, dual-zone climatronic AC, cruise control and Bluetooth-enabled music system. The Jetta also comes with rear parking sensors. Safety features include six airbags, ABS and ESP.
Revisions to the new Jetta on the outside vis-a-vis the old one include Xenon headlamps with washers
Powering the Jetta are the unchanged 122PS/200Nm 1.4TSI and 140PS/320Nm 2.0TDI engines. The transmission options - six-speed manual and six-speed DSG - are also carried forward. The petrol Jetta comes only with the manual transmission, while the diesel can also be ordered with the optional automatic gearbox. Volkswagen claims a fuel efficiency of 14.69kmpl for the petrol variant and 16.96kmpl for the diesel with DSG. The Jetta competes with the Skoda Octavia, Renault Fluence, Hyundaiand Toyota Corolla Altis in the Indian market.
Commenting on the launch of the new Volkswagen Jetta, Arvind Saxena, the managing director of Volkswagen Passenger Cars (India), said, "With Volkswagen's acclaimed engineering expertise, we are able to build some of the most comfortable, safe, fuel-efficient and performance-oriented luxury sedans, which offer outstanding power delivery and driving dynamics. We are sure that the new Jetta, with its range of petrol and diesel engine options and optional 6-speed DSG automatic transmission, will offer a delightful driving experience for premium-segment car buyers in the Indian market."
Starts Rs 14.78 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.99 Lakhs
- NewsSpec comparo: Etergo AppScooter vs Ather 450X vs Bajaj Chetak vs TVS iQube
- NewsSpec Comparo: Skoda Karoq vs Jeep Compass vs Volkswagen T-Roc
- FeaturesSir Stirling Moss tribute: The last of the Titans
- News2020 BMW 5 Series facelift revealed
- NewsOla Electric acquires EV maker Etergo, likely to bring AppScooter to India in 2021
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!