2014 Alfa Romeo Guilietta launched in UK
Alfa Romeo has launched its new for 2014 Guilietta model at Rs 19 lakh (on road price) in the UK. The car is available in four trims Progression, Distinctive, Exclusive and Sportiva nav.
Small tweaks have been made to the exterior and include a revised front grille, fog lamp bezels and new alloy wheel designs. Rest of the design is carried over from the previous version retaining the smooth and elegant look. The car's appeal is further be enhanced by the choice of new colours like luna pearl, cobalto blue and metallo bronze.
Revisions to the front include a new grille, fog lamp bezels and new alloy wheel designs
Interiors get new seats providing good upper lateral support which was a gripe with the outgoing version. The new seats are more enveloping and get new finish and upholstery options. Doors get new trim panels and a sportier looking steering wheel.
A new infotainment system called Uconnect is available in the car and can be accessed via a five inch colour touch screen on the centre console. It gets USB and Bluetooth connectivity and supports a wide range of smart phones and mp3 devices. Top of the line Sportiva variant will also get the DAB digital radio.
The Guilietta looks sporty from this angle
Engines remain the same with the exception of the new 2.0 litre JTDM-2, 152PS/380Nm diesel engine which debuts in this car. It gets the third generation common rail injection system which gives eight injections per stroke. This results in quieter operation and less particulate and nitrogen oxide emissions. Only the top three trims gets this engine option. Power is transmitted via a six-speed manual gearbox and the Guilietta does a 0-100 kmph sprint in a claimed 8.8 seconds.
The new Guilietta will go against the Volkswagen Golf and Ford Focus.
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch
- NewsTata Motors to raise car prices by up to Rs 60,000 in India
- NewsNissan, Datsun to hike car prices by 2 per cent from April 1 in India