2014 Audi S1 unveiled
Audi is all set to launch the new S1 hot hatch twins, the S1 Sportsback (five doors) and the S1 (three door) siblings at the Geneva Motor Show next month.
The name is said to be inspired from the World Rally Championship winning S1 of 1980s, and the framework is derived from the A1 premium subcompact hatchback.
The twins will be powered by the renowned 2.0 TFSI motor, now tuned to develop 231PS power and 370Nm torque. These figures propel the car from 0-100 kmph in 5.8 seconds (5.9s for the Sportsback). Top speed is claimed to be 250 kmph. The power is channelled to the road via short shifting six-speed manual gearbox and quattro all wheel drive system.
Audi claims the S1 will deliver 17.1kmpl (16.8kmpl for the Sportsback) and emits 162g/km (166g/km for the Sportsback) of carbon dioxide.
The suspension components are reworked to four link independent design, replacing the torsion beam of the standard A1 model. Damper settings are also adjustable via the Audi drive select adaptive dynamics system, which appears for the first time at this level in the S1 and also allows the driver to vary the response of the throttle and the operating parameters of the electronic climate control across a number of settings, including one designed to optimise efficiency.
"The Audi S1 offers all the virtues of a sports car, great performance, direct handling and permanent quattro drive that puts the power to the road in a superior way," says Prof. Dr. Hackenberg, Audi Board Member for Technical Development, adding: "The quattro drive has a large following of fans, which is sure to become even larger thanks to the offering in this segment."
The cars are expected to be priced at Rs 25.77lakh and 26.53lakh respectively when they go on sale in UK in a few months.
For a full image gallery of the Audi S1, click here
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally