2014 Audi S1 unveiled
Audi is all set to launch the new S1 hot hatch twins, the S1 Sportsback (five doors) and the S1 (three door) siblings at the Geneva Motor Show next month.
The name is said to be inspired from the World Rally Championship winning S1 of 1980s, and the framework is derived from the A1 premium subcompact hatchback.
The twins will be powered by the renowned 2.0 TFSI motor, now tuned to develop 231PS power and 370Nm torque. These figures propel the car from 0-100 kmph in 5.8 seconds (5.9s for the Sportsback). Top speed is claimed to be 250 kmph. The power is channelled to the road via short shifting six-speed manual gearbox and quattro all wheel drive system.
Audi claims the S1 will deliver 17.1kmpl (16.8kmpl for the Sportsback) and emits 162g/km (166g/km for the Sportsback) of carbon dioxide.
The suspension components are reworked to four link independent design, replacing the torsion beam of the standard A1 model. Damper settings are also adjustable via the Audi drive select adaptive dynamics system, which appears for the first time at this level in the S1 and also allows the driver to vary the response of the throttle and the operating parameters of the electronic climate control across a number of settings, including one designed to optimise efficiency.
"The Audi S1 offers all the virtues of a sports car, great performance, direct handling and permanent quattro drive that puts the power to the road in a superior way," says Prof. Dr. Hackenberg, Audi Board Member for Technical Development, adding: "The quattro drive has a large following of fans, which is sure to become even larger thanks to the offering in this segment."
The cars are expected to be priced at Rs 25.77lakh and 26.53lakh respectively when they go on sale in UK in a few months.
For a full image gallery of the Audi S1, click here
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- News2019 Benelli TRK 502 and TRK 502X launched in India at Rs 5 lakh and Rs 5.40 lakh respectively
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani