2014 Auto Expo: Fiat Linea facelift and Punto Avventura unveiled
Fiat showed off the new Linea at the 2014 Auto Expo. The new Linea features refreshed exteriors with new bumpers at the front that features a new grille design and different looking fog lamps. The rear bumpers are slightly tweaked while the interiors get a refresh as well. Mechanicals stay the same and Fiat says they will put the car on sale in the coming months.
Manufacturers are taking India more and more seriously which is why Fiat like Honda, Renault and Ford has made the first showcase of a global concept in India. The concept in question is called the Avventura. It is based on the Punto platform and is essentially a rugged version of a road going hatchback which is what we have seen with cars like the VW Cross Polo. Unlike the Cross Polo or Fabia Scout, this is more than just a bumper job. Fiat has raised the ground clearance and has accented the exteriors with plenty of rugged touches like protective skid plates and roof bars. The externally mounted spare wheel isn't mounted directly on the hatch but instead has a smart mechanism that allows it to swivel away from the hatch. Being based on the Punto platform the vehicle should slot under the 4m mark which will help keep the price low. Fiat says we can expect to see the Avventura go on sale before the end of this year.
Perhaps the most pleasant news of all was the confirmation of the news that Abarth is coming to India. Abarth is the high perfromance arm of Fiat and specialises in making go faster versions of Fiat's cars. The first of the Abarth cars we will be getting is the Abarth 500. This tiny pocket rocket packs a turbocharged 1.4-litre four cylinder petrol engine that's good for 160PS. Fiat will offer the car with a choice of both manual and automatic gearboxes. There is no definite timeline yet but Fiat assures us that the Abarths will go on sale this year. Initially the cars will be sold out of Fiat showrooms in ten cities before the reach expands. Fiat is staying mum on pricing details
Starts Rs 7.06 Lakhs
- News2019 Jawa Forty Two: Image Gallery
- News2019 Jawa: Image gallery
- NewsVolkswagen being investigated for selling pre-production cars to customers
- News50,000th BMW 310cc series motorcycle rolled out from Hosur plant
- News1,874 units of the Yamaha R3 recalled in India
- NewsThings to know about the 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec SUV
- NewsTata Motors to increase prices by up to Rs 40,000 from January 1, 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV multi-city public preview to start form December 18
- NewsRefreshed 2019 BMW X1 SUV spotted testing in Europe
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV nameplate to be revealed on December 19