2014 Auto Expo: Ford India to unveil its new global Ka concept today
Ford India is all set to unveil it global small car concept, the Ka today. The Ka concept was first unveiled in Brazil in November 2013. It is part of Ford's global one car strategy and previews the next-gen of compact B-segment hatchbacks. Interestingly enough Ford already sells the Ka nameplate in some countries.
The global demand for these vehicles is expected to reach around the 6.2 million mark by 2017 and Ford is preparing to meet this need with the sub B-segment compact hatch.
The Ka concept in India will in all probability be positioned above the Figo. Ford India may rebadge the Figo as a Classic. There is also a possibility of a sub 4-metre sedan based on the Ka's platform.
During the Brazil unveil Ford had said that the Ka concept will have class leading interiors, superior performance and above all superb fuel efficiency. It will also have features like Ford Sync multimedia system and many more found only in cars twice as expensive as the Ka concept.
More details about the Ka concept will emerge at the unveil today in India by Ford. Stay tuned.
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh