2014 Auto Expo: Honda Mobilio, Jazz, Vision XS-1, Accord Hybrid and NSX Concept
Honda has unveiled the all new Jazz and the Mobilio MPV at the 2014 Auto Expo, the Brio-based MPV (Mobilio) is slated to launch by next financial year and will feature the 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol motor used in the City and the 1.5-litre i-DTEC Earth Dreams diesel already seen in the Amaze.
The Mobilio will take on the Ertiga, Enjoy and the soon to be launched GO+. The seven-seater MPV looks very spacious and offers impressive cargo space with the seats folded.
The new Honda Jazz has also been displayed for the first time in India. We drove the car recently and were impressed with the spacious hatchback. The previous Jazz didn't do so well since it was overpriced initially. The new Jazz however will be produced in Honda's second plant in Tapukara, Rajasthan and will be localized heavily to keep costs low. To make the deal sweeter, HCIL will also have a diesel-engined Jazz for the Indian market. The car will go on sale this year, by year end.
While Honda is not displaying the Vezel SUV, it instead premiered the Vision XS-1 creative study mode for the first time ever globally. We expected this to be the Brio-based SUV concept but the vehicle is a three-row seat crossover and we are guessing the production car will be a world model.
Other cars which that are on display at the Honda stall is the new Accord Hybrid and the NSX Concept, which looks arresting in a special metallic white shade. Current production cars like the Brio, Amaze, City and CR-V are also on display while a few with add on accessories like body kits etc
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 43.21 Lakhs
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch
- NewsTata Motors to raise car prices by up to Rs 60,000 in India
- NewsNissan, Datsun to hike car prices by 2 per cent from April 1 in India