2014 Auto Expo: Honda Mobilio, Jazz, Vision XS-1, Accord Hybrid and NSX Concept
Honda has unveiled the all new Jazz and the Mobilio MPV at the 2014 Auto Expo, the Brio-based MPV (Mobilio) is slated to launch by next financial year and will feature the 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol motor used in the City and the 1.5-litre i-DTEC Earth Dreams diesel already seen in the Amaze.
The Mobilio will take on the Ertiga, Enjoy and the soon to be launched GO+. The seven-seater MPV looks very spacious and offers impressive cargo space with the seats folded.
The new Honda Jazz has also been displayed for the first time in India. We drove the car recently and were impressed with the spacious hatchback. The previous Jazz didn't do so well since it was overpriced initially. The new Jazz however will be produced in Honda's second plant in Tapukara, Rajasthan and will be localized heavily to keep costs low. To make the deal sweeter, HCIL will also have a diesel-engined Jazz for the Indian market. The car will go on sale this year, by year end.
While Honda is not displaying the Vezel SUV, it instead premiered the Vision XS-1 creative study mode for the first time ever globally. We expected this to be the Brio-based SUV concept but the vehicle is a three-row seat crossover and we are guessing the production car will be a world model.
Other cars which that are on display at the Honda stall is the new Accord Hybrid and the NSX Concept, which looks arresting in a special metallic white shade. Current production cars like the Brio, Amaze, City and CR-V are also on display while a few with add on accessories like body kits etc
Starts Rs 43.21 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.35 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- News2019 Benelli TRK 502 and TRK 502X launched in India at Rs 5 lakh and Rs 5.40 lakh respectively
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani