2014 Auto Expo: Isuzu unveils D-Max and MU-7 in India
Isuzu made its Auto Expo debut and displayed the D-MAX and MU-7. The D-MAX pickup is claimed to be India's first Multi-Utility pickup and unlike other single cab pickup trucks available in the country, the MU-7 also offers extra space behind the passenger seats. The pickup segment is one of the fastest growing segments in the CV sector and hence Isuzu thinks that this model is apt for the Indian market.
The vehicle was earlier launched in 2013 as a CBU but the locally manufactured model (assembled at the HM plant in Chennai) will now help Isuzu price the vehicle at a competitive price. The Space Cab will be on sale soon, however we have no word of the final price yet. The vehicle will be offered in two variants, a basic flat bed single cab model and the more feature rich Space Cab. Both the pickups will be powered by a 2.5-litre, intercooled turbo diesel that puts out 136PS@3600rpm and 294Nm of torque from 1800-3200rpm. Unlike rivals, like the Mahindra Scorpio Getaway and the Tata Xenon that offer 4WD, the D-MAX and will initially be available only as a 2WD model.
The other vehicle displayed is the MU-7 SUV that is already launched in India, the SUV is powered by a 3.0-litre - 163PS, 360Nm turbo-diesel. Isuzu is setting up their new plant at Sri City, Andhra Pradesh that is expected to be ready by 2016.
Starts Rs 14.32 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10.05 Lakhs
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh