2014 Auto Expo: Isuzu unveils D-Max and MU-7 in India
Isuzu made its Auto Expo debut and displayed the D-MAX and MU-7. The D-MAX pickup is claimed to be India's first Multi-Utility pickup and unlike other single cab pickup trucks available in the country, the MU-7 also offers extra space behind the passenger seats. The pickup segment is one of the fastest growing segments in the CV sector and hence Isuzu thinks that this model is apt for the Indian market.
The vehicle was earlier launched in 2013 as a CBU but the locally manufactured model (assembled at the HM plant in Chennai) will now help Isuzu price the vehicle at a competitive price. The Space Cab will be on sale soon, however we have no word of the final price yet. The vehicle will be offered in two variants, a basic flat bed single cab model and the more feature rich Space Cab. Both the pickups will be powered by a 2.5-litre, intercooled turbo diesel that puts out 136PS@3600rpm and 294Nm of torque from 1800-3200rpm. Unlike rivals, like the Mahindra Scorpio Getaway and the Tata Xenon that offer 4WD, the D-MAX and will initially be available only as a 2WD model.
The other vehicle displayed is the MU-7 SUV that is already launched in India, the SUV is powered by a 3.0-litre - 163PS, 360Nm turbo-diesel. Isuzu is setting up their new plant at Sri City, Andhra Pradesh that is expected to be ready by 2016.
Starts Rs 15.54 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.4 Lakhs
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: 2020 G82 BMW M4 prototype on the Sachsenring
- FeaturesThe contenders: F1's fiercest rivalries
- News2020 Honda City to be launched in India on July 15
- NewsConfirmed: Ducati India to launch Panigale V2 in August 2020
- NewsAtal Rohtang tunnel could be inaugurated in September 2020
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block