2014 Auto Expo live updates Day 1
Hello everyone! The 2014 Auto Expo officially begins today, even as the run-up to the event has already seen a number of exciting new products.
Here's all the buzz... live from Auto Expo.
Among the announcements made earlier are Tata Motors' two new products, the Bolt hatchback and the Zest, which is the first of the several. Both vehicles are expected to be launched in the second half of 2014.
Here's OVERDRIVE's first look video of the Bolt and the Zest.
Today, about two dozen manufacturers will unveil and launch new products, and showcase some of the best automobiles in their stable.
The first to come is the Maruti Suzuki, which has generated quite a storm recently with its all-new Celerio, and its automated manual transmission (AMT). While Tata Motors has sort of stolen Maruti's thunder by also announcing AMT in its new products, the Bolt and Zest, the Celerio still remains highly anticipated.
However, the Indian manufacturer will focus on other products today, since the Celerio's unveil is scheduled for February 6.
So let's go live to the 2014 Auto Expo.
Maruti started the Auto Expo by showcasing the Ciaz Concept sedan. The Ciaz is an evolution of the Suzuki Authentics Concept car which was displayed at the Shanghai Auto Show 2013.
The second car which was showcased was the SX4 S-Cross Concept. To put into perspective, the SX4 sedan in India is based on this concept and is 4.4 metres long. Maruti are evaluating the SX4 Cross for the Indian market.
To know more about the Ciaz Concept, click here
Maruti also showcased a pimped up Ertiga, Swift Volt, WagonR XRest, Grand Vitara Luxion, SX4 Sport, Gypsy Escape, Alto 800 Browzer, the Alto K10 Crescendo, Eco Piknik, Ritz Jubilo and DZire Opula. Customers can get these facelifts for their Ertigas, Swifts, Grand Vitaras and such from Maruti dealers. Stay tuned for an image gallery of all the refreshes and concepts.
A refreshed Santa Fe has been launched at the price of Rs 26.50 lakh.
Street 750 Rs 4.1 lakh
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Street's Not Dead
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg unveiled in Beijing
- NewsYamaha cuts prices of YZF-R1 by Rs 2.6 lakh, MT-09 by Rs 1.3 lakh
- NewsProduction-spec Tata H5X SUV seen in camouflage
- NewsRoyal Enfield Thunderbird 350 launched in Australia as Rumbler 350
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra dominates Leg 4
- NewsRefreshed Bajaj Pulsar 150 spotted before March-end launch
- NewsFord and Mahindra to co-develop SUVs and EVs
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina to turn carmaker, launch EV hypercar