2014 Auto Expo: Mahindra Quanto autoSHIFT transmission unveiled
Mahindra has showcased a Quanto with an all new 5-Speed Autoshift transmission which has been developed in collaboration with Ricardo.
The new Mahindra transmission has been developed in order to provide the convenience of an automatic gearbox with the important advantages of a manual transmission.
Some of the technological advancements include an electronic control and hydraulic actuation system that senses the demand of the driver and changes gears automatically based on a optimized shift map that leads to better fuel efficiency.
Along with this Mahindra has also showcased its regenerative braking technology. It works by harnessing kinetic energy through an alternator which is then stored in a battery. This cycle reduces the need for generation during travel reducing fuel consumption and emission as well.
The regenerative braking system is claimed by manufacturers to reduce fuel consumption by a whopping 40 litres in a year. This technology will soon find its way in to Mahindra's existing and future models.
Want to know how automated manual transmission works? Click here
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh