2014 Auto Expo: Maruti Suzuki Celerio launched at Rs 3.90 lakh, AMT to cost Rs 4.29 lakh
Maruti Suzuki Celerio has been launched in India starting Rs 3.9 lakh, ex-Delhi, with the top-end ZXi priced at Rs 4.9 lakh. The models with the automated manual transmission (AMT), a technology that enables auto gear shift in a manual, are priced starting at Rs 4.29 lakh. The Celerio comes with four manual variants and and two AMT variants. The AMT is available only in the low end LXi and VXi variants.
The Celerio has spacious interiors, good cabin quality and features list. It is powered by a new 1.0 litre K-Next engine that makes 69PS power and 90Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox and will become the first model with the AMT technology to ply on India. The claimed fuel efficiency of the car is 23.1kmpl.
The AMT is an intelligent new technology that helps gives the driver the benefits of both the fuel-efficient manual transmission as well as the clutchless convenience of an automatic transmission.
The Celerio will be available in seven colour options: red, white, grey, silver, sunshine ray, cerulean blue and black.
Variants and prices (ex-Delhi)
- LXi Rs 3.90 lakh
- VXi Rs 4.2 lakh
- ZXi Rs 4.5 lakh
- ZXi option Rs 4.96 lakh
- LXi Rs 4.29 lakh
- VXi Rs 4.59 lakh
You can read our first drive report here
Watch our first drive video here:
Starts Rs 4.31 Lakhs
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: 2020 G82 BMW M4 prototype on the Sachsenring
- FeaturesThe contenders: F1's fiercest rivalries
- News2020 Honda City to be launched in India on July 15
- NewsConfirmed: Ducati India to launch Panigale V2 in August 2020
- NewsAtal Rohtang tunnel could be inaugurated in September 2020
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block