2014 Auto Expo: Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG unveiled
After the success of the A and B-Class it was obvious that Mercedes-Benz would bring down the sleek CLA coupe styled sedan. The CLA has already received rave reviews for its handsome A-Class style face mated to a swooping roof life that's inspired by the large CLS-Class. Couple that with a low body kit, big wheels and frameless windows and you have very stylish machine. For India though Mercedes has refrainded from launching the car in the run of the mill 200, 220 or 250 model guises but has planned to introduce the car to us as a full fat AMG model.
The CLA 45 AMG comes equipped with the world's most powerful series production spec four cylinder engine. The heavily turbocharged 2.0-litre engine has the same displacement as a diesel Jetta but it produces more than two and a half times the power 360PS and 450Nm to be precise. A 7-speed dual clutch transmission efficiently puts that power to the ground via all four wheels. The combination of power and traction is so potent that Mercedes claims an astonishing 4.6 second run to 100kmph. That's faster than a lot of more powerful sportscars. As with most powerful German cars, top speed has been limited to 250kmph.
Mercedes isn't revealing launch details but we believe the car should go on sale in a few months time. Going as per international pricing and accounting for the Indian duty structure we expect the car to be priced upwards of Rs 60 lakh ex-showroom. That will make it the cheapest AMG on sale in India but it will still be more expensive than its nearest rival the Audi S4 which offers a similar combination of ballistic performance in a sedan body shape
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Street's Not Dead
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg unveiled in Beijing
- NewsYamaha cuts prices of YZF-R1 by Rs 2.6 lakh, MT-09 by Rs 1.3 lakh
- NewsProduction-spec Tata H5X SUV seen in camouflage
- NewsRoyal Enfield Thunderbird 350 launched in Australia as Rumbler 350
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra dominates Leg 4
- NewsRefreshed Bajaj Pulsar 150 spotted before March-end launch
- NewsFord and Mahindra to co-develop SUVs and EVs
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina to turn carmaker, launch EV hypercar