2014 Auto Expo: Triumph to launch Daytona in India today
When Triumph showed off their line of motorcycles in India, the only supersport on sale was the Daytona R, the high performance version of the Daytona supersport wearing that same 675cc engine but more high-end equipment.
OVERDRIVE has learnt that the one model that Triumph plans to launch today is the Daytona which will allow the brand to price and position a genuine no-holds barred supersport at a more affordable price point. Triumph officials refused to confirm the Daytona and declined to comment on the price that is to be announced at the event.
The Daytona 675R is priced at Rs 11.4 lakh ex-showroom Delhi. However, that pushes the on-road price very close to other full-on litre-class superbikes which weakened the buying proposition. We believe the launch of the Daytona, which we expect will be priced between Rs 1.5-2 lakh lower should make the supersport, a highly specialised kind of motorcycle more accessible to a wider range of Triumph prospective customers. We still think the supersports need to be less expensive to really hit the high notes but the a lower priced Daytona is at least some part of the problem solved.
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Street's Not Dead
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg unveiled in Beijing
- NewsYamaha cuts prices of YZF-R1 by Rs 2.6 lakh, MT-09 by Rs 1.3 lakh
- NewsProduction-spec Tata H5X SUV seen in camouflage
- NewsRoyal Enfield Thunderbird 350 launched in Australia as Rumbler 350
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra dominates Leg 4
- NewsRefreshed Bajaj Pulsar 150 spotted before March-end launch
- NewsFord and Mahindra to co-develop SUVs and EVs
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina to turn carmaker, launch EV hypercar