2014 Auto Expo: Volkswagen Polo R WRC showcased
Even as the Rally of Sweden is underway, the Volkswagen camp might be breaking out into a little bit of a sweat. The team appears to be missing one of their Polo WRCs and it appears to have turned up at the 2014 Auto Expo.
Winning 10 out of 13 rallies in its debut season - now if that doesn't ensure that a car goes down in history as a proper legend, what will? Luckily for the Polo R WRC, there are simply no doubts. The car is a proper little legend, having won the World Rally Championship in its debut season in 2013.
In combination with Sebastien Ogier's driving prowess and Julian Ingrassia's navigational skills, the Polo R WRC simply decimated the opposition in 2013, making Citroen go crying into one corner and M-Sport Ford into the other. With the R logo emblazoned on the side, an air intake in front and a spoiler at the rear, this here is quite a looker. Sure, it only has a 1.6-litre engine, but that's clearly all you need to win the WRC (if you're Seb Ogier, that is).
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
- NewsThree lakh units production milestone achieved for the Tata Tiago
- NewsDucati Scrambler 1100 Pro BSVI launched in India, prices start from Rs. 11.95 lakh
- NewsTata Altroz diesel now more affordable with Rs 40,000 price cut
- NewsVolkswagen's first electric SUV, the ID.4, will include 3-years of free fast charging in the US
- NewsFord Endeavour Sport launched in India, prices start from Rs 35.10 lakh