2014 Auto Expo: Volkswagen Polo R WRC showcased
Even as the Rally of Sweden is underway, the Volkswagen camp might be breaking out into a little bit of a sweat. The team appears to be missing one of their Polo WRCs and it appears to have turned up at the 2014 Auto Expo.
Winning 10 out of 13 rallies in its debut season - now if that doesn't ensure that a car goes down in history as a proper legend, what will? Luckily for the Polo R WRC, there are simply no doubts. The car is a proper little legend, having won the World Rally Championship in its debut season in 2013.
In combination with Sebastien Ogier's driving prowess and Julian Ingrassia's navigational skills, the Polo R WRC simply decimated the opposition in 2013, making Citroen go crying into one corner and M-Sport Ford into the other. With the R logo emblazoned on the side, an air intake in front and a spoiler at the rear, this here is quite a looker. Sure, it only has a 1.6-litre engine, but that's clearly all you need to win the WRC (if you're Seb Ogier, that is).
Starts Rs 5.42 Lakhs
- FeaturesFive accessories that will get your BMW R1200 GS closer to BMW GS Trophy-spec
- NewsExclusive: 2018 Toyota Yaris to be launched in India on April 24, bookings now open
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg teased before March 23 reveal in Beijing
- ReviewRange Rover Velar P250 road test review
- NewsForce Motors announces joint venture with Rolls-Royce Power Systems under Force MTU Power Systems banner
- News2018 Bentley Continental GT launching in India on March 24
- FeaturesBetter riding: You must be able to see where you're going! | Near miss!
- NewsMG Motor to launch first car in India earlier than planned, by second quarter of 2019
- NewsUpcoming 700km Mumbai-Nagpur expressway to reduce travel time by half
- NewsIndian Oil begins doorstep delivery of diesel in India