2014 Auto Expo: Volkswagen Taigun SUV Concept showcased
Volkswagen showcased their new SUV concept the Taigun at the Auto Expo 2014 and confirmed that they are currently evaluating the feasibility of an India launch in the near future.
The Taigun will be powered by a new efficient 1.0-litre turbocharged TSI petrol engine which produces 108PS and 175Nm of torque that will drive the front wheels. It's based on the PQ12 platform (as is the UP) that the Volkswagen plant in Chakan is currently equipped to handle.
The concept showcased featured a wheel mounted on the rear hatch and a special orange colour that will be unique for India. If this goes on sale in India, and we expect this will be soon, it will allow the German manufacturer to join the entry level SUV party and also give a vital boost to its sales number in the country.
For more images of the Volkswagen Taigun SUV concept, click here
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero RR 450 to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled