2014 Auto Expo: Yamaha launches Alpha scooter in India at Rs 49,518
Yamaha has launched its third scooter in India at the Auto Expo 2014. Called Alpha and priced at Rs 49,518 ex-Delhi, the scooter is a unisex unit and looks muscular sitting atop the Ray's platform. The Yamaha Alpha has a 113cc heart which is expected to have the same power and torque figures as the Ray and Ray Z. Yamaha claims a fuel efficiency of 62kmpl from the Alpha. The Alpha uses a telescopic front suspension and an upright rear suspension. Yamaha claims that the seat is broader and wider than the Ray's and provides excellent riding comfort.
The Alpha is available in five colours- black, gray, red, white and magenta. Yamaha also gave a name to their mascot at the Auto Expo 2014. The mascot, Zippy promotes child safety and educates kids and their parents alike about traffic sense and road manners.
Starts Rs 51,672
Starts Rs 50,817
- OpinionNatural selection
- FeaturesThe Brembo 19RCS Costa Corsa explained
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range