2014 Auto Expo: Yamaha launches Alpha scooter in India at Rs 49,518
Yamaha has launched its third scooter in India at the Auto Expo 2014. Called Alpha and priced at Rs 49,518 ex-Delhi, the scooter is a unisex unit and looks muscular sitting atop the Ray's platform. The Yamaha Alpha has a 113cc heart which is expected to have the same power and torque figures as the Ray and Ray Z. Yamaha claims a fuel efficiency of 62kmpl from the Alpha. The Alpha uses a telescopic front suspension and an upright rear suspension. Yamaha claims that the seat is broader and wider than the Ray's and provides excellent riding comfort.
The Alpha is available in five colours- black, gray, red, white and magenta. Yamaha also gave a name to their mascot at the Auto Expo 2014. The mascot, Zippy promotes child safety and educates kids and their parents alike about traffic sense and road manners.
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally