2014 BMW 7 Series Active Hybrid launched in India at Rs 1.35 crore
BMW India has launched its first hybrid car in the country, the 7 Series Active Hybrid. The price of the BMW 7 Series Active Hybrid is Rs 1.35 crore ex-showroom pan-India and comes in to the country as a CBU.
Powering the Active Hybrid is a 3.0-litre, six cylinder 320PS petrol engine. This engine is mated to a 55PS electric motor which takes the power to 354PS and torque to 500Nm. An 8-speed steptronic automatic transmission transmits power to the wheels. BMW claims that the 0-100kmph is completed in just 6.2s in electric mode alone and is topped by 5.7s in hybrid drive. The top speed is restricted to 250kmph. While we usually don't talk about fuel efficiency for luxo barges, the Active Hybrid's for the sheer virtue of that name and technology deserves a mention. BMW claims it will clock 13.85km on the odo before needing a refuel.
All the trappings that you usually expect on the 7 Series can be found in the Active Hybrid. BMW will also be launching the i8 electric supercar later this year.
Starts Rs 1.2 Crore
Starts Rs 2.62 Crore
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed
- NewsPorsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid sets lap records at six racetracks including BIC
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and its dealers donate Rs 30 lakh to the CM's relief fund in Kerala
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally