2014 BMW i3 delivered to first customer in USA
The new BMW i3 has been delivered to the first happy customer in the USA. The lucky owner is Charles Rabie, an electric vehicle aficionado and Tufts University professor. He has been driving the BMW ActiveE since 2012, a hybrid car based on the 1-Series. Rabie took delivery of his car at the BMW Boston dealership earlier in the week. This signals the upcoming flood of vehicle deliveries about to begin from the pool of cars waiting for their owners at the Port Jersey Vehicle Distribution Center in Jersey City, NJ.
The i3 clearly stands out here thanks to its unique looks. The lines are unconventional; the look, a bit bulbous; and it isn't something that people will fall in love with from the word go.
According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), he can now happily zip around town for around 130-160 km on a single charge. The i3 has an all-electric power train which develops 172.4 PS of power and 250 Nm of torque. Efficiency wise, the car can achieve 59 kmpl in city, 47 kmpl on highway and a combined cycle of 52 kmpl.
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show