2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe launched in India at Rs 1.75 crore
BMW India has launched the 2014 M6 Gran Coupe at Rs 1,75,40,000 pan India. The M6 is the petrol-powered performance oriented variant of the 6 Series Gran Coupe and is now the flagship model in the M series.
As is the case with most M variants, the BMW M6 Gran Coupe (read first drive report here) has a 560PS/680Nm two twin-scroll turbo 4.4-litre V8 engine. It is mated to a fast shifting 7-speed M-dual clutch transmission with paddle shifts behind the steering wheel. BMW also offers a Competition Package with the M6 Gran Coupe which bumps the power output to 575PS. With this, the M6 Gran Coupe does the 0-100kmph run in a claimed 4.2 seconds. The M6 Gran Coupe comes with Ecopro, Comfort, Sport and Sport+ modes which alter the characteristics of the car at the touch of a button.
BMW say the M6 is actually a tenth of a second quicker to 100kmph than the M5
The BMW M6 Gran Coupe gets a chassis package as well. This includes numerous driving assistance systems, stiffer setup for the stabilizer bar, active rear differential and dynamic dampers. The M steering wheel will remember two settings for the driver's preferred suspension, gearbox and steering setups. There are two buttons to do this for the driver.
There are M badges at the side and rear
On the looks front, the M6 Gran Coupe has that familiar-looking M kidney grille. The alloy wheels stand out with their dual tone treatment. There are M badges at the side and rear. The M6 Gran Coupe's roof is made of carbon fibre. Inside the cabin, two leathers have been used for the headliner unit. The interiors while having top-notch quality, don't feel any special than the other BMWs on sale in India.
Team OD | 11 Jan 2019
- NewsDakar 2019: Sebastien Loeb notches fourth stage win on Stage 8
- NewsSpec Comparison: Honda CB300R vs BMW G 310 R vs KTM 250 Duke vs Bajaj Dominar 400
- Review2019 Jaguar F-Pace 2.0 petrol first drive review
- NewsDakar 2019: Hero Motorsports rider Oriol Mena breaks into the overall top 10 after Stage 8
- Review2019 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift road test review
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani