2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe to be launched in India on April 3
We saw the M6 Gran Coupe at this year's Auto Expo and the launch of the car is due on April 3. The M6 comes at a time when the M brand is celebrating its 30 years of existence. The M6 will be coming in as a Completely Built Unit (CBU) and is expected to be priced around the rupees one crore mark. The M6 Gran Coupe is a four door car with supercar rivaling performance and once on sale will take on the likes of the Audi RS7 and Mercedes CLS63 AMG.
On the outside, you get a sharp familiar nose wearing the striking twin-spoke new M kidney grille
The M6 is a visually appealing car to behold. It has 19-inch alloys, flared wheel arches, revised bumpers, carbon fibre roof and quad tail pipes. The interior is not as spacious as the M5. The rear seats, because of the sloping roofline don't offer much comfort and are best suited for short rides. The steering wheel has two memory buttons which store your favourite driving configurations and can transform the car's nature at the push of a button.
Power is delivered by a 4.4litre, two twin scroll turbo V8 which gives out a thumping 560PS of max output and is coupled with a 7-speed M dual clutch autobox helping this car rocket from 0-100kmph in 4.1 seconds. The top speed is limited to 250kmph. The ferocity of the car is kept in check with various driver assistance systems and features like active rear differential and dynamic dampers.
Read our first drive of the BMW M6 Gran Coupe here
- FeaturesComplete Guide to Caravans, Campers and Homes On Wheels in India
- NewsBMW R 18 cruiser launched in India at Rs 18.90 lakh, ex-showroom
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300