2014 BMW RnineT launched in India at Rs 23.5 lakh
BMW Motorrad has launched the R nineT in India at Rs 23.5 lakh ex-Mumbai. The on-road price comes close to around Rs 27 lakh. A cafe racer-styled naked motorcycle, the RnineT weighs 222kg and is built on a tubular steel frame with a ride height of 785mm and a fuel tank capacity of 17litres.
Powering the RnineT is an air/oil-cooled 1170cc twin-cylinder boxer engine which makes 110PS and 119Nm. A top speed in excess of 200kmph is being claimed while the fuel efficiency is 22.22kmpl. BMW says that the frame end-piece and removable pillion seat make it highly customisable. The RnineT that BMW currently offers in India comes with a high level of customisation which includes a glossy paint finish and Akrapovic exhausts. BMW Motorrad India says that this customisation is the reason for the cost being on the higher side.
Like with all modern BMW motorcycles, ABS is standard on the RnineT while a dual disc at the front and single at the rear take care of braking. BMW has handcrafted a major portion of the bike and it does have a retro look to it. This motorcycles commemorates BMW's 90 years in the business and hence the awkward name.
Starts Rs 16,65,000
- NewsIndia-bound next-generation Hyundai i20 details revealed ahead of debut
- NewsJaguar Land Rover unveils its 4-metre Project Vector concept EV
- NewsKia Motors next-generation Sorento SUV details unveiled
- NewsHero Xpulse 200 Rally Kit priced at Rs 38,000
- News2020 Hero Xtreme 160R showcased, launch in March 2020