2014 BMW S1000R launched in India at Rs 22.83 lakh
The 2014 BMW S1000R is officially on sale in India for Rs 22.83 lakh(ex-showroom Mumbai). The naked streetfighter is being brought in the country via the CBU route and is available importers who are actually BMW car dealers in specific cities. It is available in three colours- red, white and blue.
The BMW S1000R sports a 1000cc four stroke engine, capable of producing 163PS and 112Nm of torque. The bike is equipped with ABS and ASC and riding modes include Dynamic, Dynamic R, Rain and Road. The former two are optional, while Rain and Road modes are standard.
The standard package offered by BMW for the S1000R includes gearshift assists, the four ride modes, dynamic traction control, and cruise control. The premium package includes an addition of dynamic damping control, engine spoilers and heated grips to the standard package.
The bike is built around an aluminium frame, with upside down telescopic front forks and a rear monoshock bolted onto an allow swingarm. it weigh at 207 kilograms. The company will also offer several performance packages too. although, the bike has sufficient power even in stock state.
The BMW S1000R rivals the Kawasaki Z1000, which is priced at Rs 12.87 lakh (ex-showroom). Kawasaki can price its bikes aggressively in India as it has an active presense here and thus, can eliminate massive importer charges, etc.
Starts Rs 15,60,000
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show