2014 BMW X5 to launch in India on May 29
BMW will be launching the new X5 SUV (codenamed F15) in India on May 29. The car will initially be available with a 3.0-litre six-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine pumping out 262PS of power, called the xDrive30d. Other engines might follow as time progresses.
The car comes in five and seven seat options and it receives an updated exterior and interiors. The looks have been altered slightly and only a trained eye will be able to tell the differences. The car is overall larger than its predecessor but still manages to be lighter due the various weight-saving measures employed by BMW.
The new generation is bigger and lighter than the previous one
This car will be assembled here at BMW's facility in Haryana from Completely Knocked Down (CKD) units imported from their South Carolina plant in the USA. BMW dealers have already started taking bookings for the car. We expect BMW to price the new X5 at around Rs 65lakh ex-showroom. When launched, the SUV will be in competition with the Audi Q7 and the Mercedes Benz GL-Class
Starts Rs 76.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show