2014 Ford Figo launched in India with WiFi connectivity
Ford India showcased a new colour scheme, Mars red, for the Figo at the Auto Expo 2014. The American car maker also used the opportunity to quietly slip in an option pack for the small hatchback. The option pack for the Figo which costs Rs 10,000 comes with LED blue cabin lights and seat covers. Most importantly the option pack brings in WiFi connectivity in the Figo. There is a WiFi dongle provided which works with the Figo's standard music system. Customers will have to purchase their own data enabled SIM card to activate the dongle and use it as a hotspot. Ford says that all the five occupants in the car will be able to use the WiFi facility.
Figo in Mars red colour
Apart from this, Ford has also added a driver side airbag as also electric mirrors on the ZXi variant while a stereo system has been added to the lower-spec EXi. Ford has also raised prices of the Figo by Rs 10,000-20,000. The mechanicals of the Figo remain unchanged which mean a 71PS 1.2-litre petrol motor and a 69PS 1.4-litre diesel engine. Both the engines come with a 5-speed manual gearbox.
There is a WiFi hotspot inside the car
Ford recently showcased the Figo concept in sedan form. We expect this to be the new language design for the hatchback in India and which may eventually replace/positioned above the current Figo.
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018
- NewsVolvo XC40 based Geely Concept Icon unveiled at Auto China 2018
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 spied in new two-tone paint options
- News2018 Ducati Monster 821 to be launched in India on May 1, 2018