2014 Hyundai Xcent unveiled in India
Hyundai has unveiled the Grand i10-based Hyundai Xcent in India a day before the 2014 Auto Expo. The Xcent sedan is basically the Grand i10 but with a boot and has more features.
The Xcent sedan's smooth flowing lines converge into the stubby boot. Inside, the features are similar to what you will get in the Grand i10 hatchback which means steering mounted audio controls, music system, auto folding mirrors and two charging points. For the Xcent though, Hyundai has a climate control system in place of the regular airconditioner. The rear is claimed to be more spacious than the Grand i10. This despite having the same wheelbases. Boot space is also larger than the Grand i10 and Hyundai claims that a family can fit in its weekend luggage in there.
2014 Hyundai Xcent
The Xcent sedan borrows the same engines as the hatchback. This means a 83PS petrol motor and a 3-cylinder U2 diesel. Both are mated to a 5-speed manual tranny with only the petrol getting an option of a 4-speed automatic. As far as safety features are concerned, the Xcent gets ABS, dual airbags, reverse camer and rear parking assist. Hyundai is also offering a cooled glovebox and a rear arm rest with cup holders in the Xcent sedan.
2014 Hyundai Xcent interiors
The Hyundai Xcent compact sedan will take on the likes of the Honda Amaze, Maruti Dzire and the yet to be launched Tata Zest. Sales for the Xcent will start in March 2014. Expect it to be priced very competitively.
For the complete image gallery, click here
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.81 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter quick ride review