2014 Hyundai Xcent unveiled in India
Hyundai has unveiled the Grand i10-based Hyundai Xcent in India a day before the 2014 Auto Expo. The Xcent sedan is basically the Grand i10 but with a boot and has more features.
The Xcent sedan's smooth flowing lines converge into the stubby boot. Inside, the features are similar to what you will get in the Grand i10 hatchback which means steering mounted audio controls, music system, auto folding mirrors and two charging points. For the Xcent though, Hyundai has a climate control system in place of the regular airconditioner. The rear is claimed to be more spacious than the Grand i10. This despite having the same wheelbases. Boot space is also larger than the Grand i10 and Hyundai claims that a family can fit in its weekend luggage in there.
2014 Hyundai Xcent
The Xcent sedan borrows the same engines as the hatchback. This means a 83PS petrol motor and a 3-cylinder U2 diesel. Both are mated to a 5-speed manual tranny with only the petrol getting an option of a 4-speed automatic. As far as safety features are concerned, the Xcent gets ABS, dual airbags, reverse camer and rear parking assist. Hyundai is also offering a cooled glovebox and a rear arm rest with cup holders in the Xcent sedan.
2014 Hyundai Xcent interiors
The Hyundai Xcent compact sedan will take on the likes of the Honda Amaze, Maruti Dzire and the yet to be launched Tata Zest. Sales for the Xcent will start in March 2014. Expect it to be priced very competitively.
For the complete image gallery, click here
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.51 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800