2014 Mazda3 unveiled
Japanese automaker, Mazda Motor Corp, has pulled the sheets off the completely refurbished Mazda3. It was a global event that debuted of the third-generation of the compact sedan in New York, Melbourne, London, Istanbul and St. Petersburg.
The 2014 Mazda3 hatchback
"We are proud to mark 10 years of the Mazda3's success with the global debut of the next-generation vehicle," said Jim O'Sullivan, president and CEO, Mazda North American Operations, in a statement. "There is no doubt that the all-new Mazda3 arrives with all-new expectations. Yet as its track record has shown, we look forward to not only meeting those expectations, but exceeding them in the way only Mazda can."
The new 2014 Mazda3 will be available in the US market during their fall season.
2013 Mazda3 hatch
Buyers will have two 'SKYACTIV-G' engine options - 2.0-litre and 2.5-litre four-cylinder engines. The 2-litre engine churns out 155PS and 203Nm of torque at 6,000rpm. The 2.5-litre turbocharged engine outputs 184PS and 250Nm of torque at 5,700rpm. There is an option available in the transmission as well: a 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatic.
The SKYACTIV technology that Mazda talks about is the company's brand-new engineering approach towards increasing all-round efficiency of the machine. The focus is on upping performance and fuel economy, while reducing emissions. State-of-the-art engineering and production processes are combined to manufacture lightweight and sturdier automotive constituents like engine, transmission. The process also helps in designing reformed body and chassis structures.
The Mazda3, when out on the streets, will be facing some smash-mouth competition that includes some vehicles that have ruled the markets for years the Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, etc. "It will be priced competitively in the heart of the segment," said Jeremy Barnes, a spokesman for Mazda.
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Porsche Cayenne launch in India
- NewsBMW X7 SUV teased before debut later this month at LA
- NewsProduction-spec Tata Harrier SUV side profile revealed
- NewsRefreshed Isuzu MU-X SUV launched in India at Rs 26.26 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Isuzu MU-X SUV launch in India
- NewsDucati concludes first edition of DRE Track Days in India