2014 Nissan Sunny facelift launched in Thailand, coming to Auto Expo 2014
Nissan has launched the Sunny facelift in Thailand. Known as the Almera there, this in all likelihood is the Sunny facelift that Nissan will be bringing to the Auto Expo 2014.
Current Nissan Sunny in India
As the pictures show, the new Almera gets a revised front with significant changes in the headlight design, front grille as well as front and rear underbody. The front underbody gets chrome accents and new fog lamps. The facelift also gets auto folding door mirrors and new 15-inch wheels.
Nissan Sunny facelift has auto folding mirrors, redesigned head lamps, new fog lamps and new alloys
Inside, the facelift gets a revamped central console in a new piano black and silver trim and now comes with Bluetooth connectivity, 2-DIN radio and 6.1 inch touchscreen DVD player. The steering wheel now gets different sound system controls.
The rear has also been significantly altered and has an integrated spoiler
The Thai-spec facelift will get the same 3-cylinder inline 1198cc DOHC engine that makes 79PS of max power at 6000rpm and 106Nm of peak torque at 4,400rpm. The engine is mated to a five-speed manual transmission or a CVT. In India, the Sunny will continue using the 99PS 1.5-litre petrol engine. The diesel meanwhile will be the tried and trusted 86PS/200Nm 1.5K9k engine.
The new Sunny has got a piano black finish to the interiors
The facelift also gets the idling stop system for better fuel efficiency. This automatically switches the engine off when the car completely stops, while keeping other electric systems on.
Nissan Thailand has marginally raised prices of the new Almera to between 4,33,000-6,08,000 baht (Rs 8.3-11.66 lakh). Expect a similar price hike in the Sunny.
Starts Rs 7.05 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsSpec Comparo: Benelli TRK 502X vs Kawasaki Versys X 300 vs SWM SuperDual T
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani