2014 Porsche Macan image gallery
Porsche has unveiled the production version of its new Macan SUV. The Macan will be Porsche's second SUV, and overall its fifth model on sale. The Macan is built on Audi's Q5 platform and rolls out from Porsche's Leipzig factory. Porsche has launched the Macan in India at a starting price of Rs 98.18 lakh.
The reason cited for this astronomical price is that the Macan comes fitted with things that Porsche usually sells as very expensive optional extras. Let's take a look at how much promise the new Macan holds.
Also, catch our exclusive first drive of the Macan, this Saturday at 1:00pm on CNBC TV18
The sporty DNA of the Macan, as with all Porsche vehicles, is immediately recognisable in the design
The side view with its sloping roof line creates a sharp silhouette and emphasises the dynamic nature of the Macan
The long black roof spoiler adds to the Macan's flowing design
The rear lights on the Macan are LEDs and the diffuser is flanked on both sides by twin tailpipes
The Macan S diesel is powered by a 3.0-litre turbo V6 engine that delivers 258PS
Technical highlights include Porsche Traction Management (PTM), active all-wheel drive and the Porsche PDK double-clutch transmission fitted as standard
From the low front seats, the sloping centre console and the display all the way to the operation concept, the interiors are typically Porsche
Porsche claims that the Macan is an SUV that comes closest to its sportscars' performance and dynamics
The Porsche Macan S diesel gets round tail pipes
Starts Rs 76.84 Lakhs
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?
- NewsHonda Civic facelift unveiled internationally ahead of India launch
- NewsProduct review: 2018 Arai Tour-X4 adv helmet
- Review2018 Ducati Monster 821 road test review