2014 Range Rover Evoque 9-speed automatic launched in India at Rs 55.28 lakh
Land Rover also displayed the new Range Rover Evoque 9-speed at the 2014 Auto Expo. Prices for the base diesel start at Rs 55.28 lakh while the top-end petrol, contrary to rumors is still being sold and is priced at Rs 95.52 lakh, ex-Delhi. The highlight is the new ZF 9-speed transmission that promises a wider spread of ratios improving fuel economy while providing better performance as well. It features an ultra fast response time and an adaptive shift programme that quickly learns the driver's style of driving. It can skip gears when needed and the wider spread of ratios means that the gear box now holds 4 overdrive ratios. The new gearbox will be offered in both the petrol and diesel variants on sale in India. The other major change is the addition of the Active Driveline an 'on demand' four wheel drive system. It drives the front wheels for a majority of the time and when needed transfers power to the rear wheels as well.
We have driven the 9-speed Range Rover Evoque. Read our first drive report here
- News2020 Honda CB 350 launch in India: Top five highlights
- News2020 Honda CB 350 rivals in India: Royal Enfield Classic 350, Benelli imperiale 400, Jawa Perak, Bajaj Dominar 400 and RE Meteor 350
- News2020 Honda CB 350 cruiser launched in India, rivals Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsLive updates: Honda CB 350 cruiser launch, to rival Royal Enfield
- NewsTVS owned Norton Motorcycles to offer repayment of deposits, but at a condition