2014 Range Rover long wheelbase launched in India at Rs 2.08 crore
Land Rover unveiled the world's finest SUV at the 2014 Auto Expo the long wheelbase Range Rover. In this 'Ultimate SUV', Land Rover offers unrivaled levels of comfort and luxury in a market that until now was reserved for long wheelbase luxury saloons. With the 186mm longer wheelbase, Land Rover has managed to add an additional 140mm of leg room in the second row that's available with either a bench or individual executive seats. It's the latter you'd want to opt for to be treated to 17 degrees of recline, a whole 8 degrees more than before. With the wheelbase stretch, the Range Rover's massive signature panoramic sunroof also gets larger. Engine options are the same as the regular Range Rover with a 5.0-litre petrol, supercharged V8 engine, which makes 510PS of power and 625Nm of torque. The diesel will be a 4.4-litre V8, which churns out 339PS and a monstrous 700Nm of torque. The Range Rover LWB prices start at Rs 2.08 crore for the 3.0-litre diesel going up to Rs 2.63 crore for the top-of-the-line Autobiography petrol.
The Range Rover LWB also comes in an even more over the top Autobiography Black trim that's aimed at the very top end of any competition. It gets subtle exterior tweaks, but the bulk of the gloss is splashed out on the interior. 10.2 inch TV screens in the back, chiller compartment, special leather, massage rear seats and LED mood lighting are just some of the items on the extensive list. The Autobiography Black will only be available here by the end of 2014, and its pricing will be released at the same time.
- FeaturesFive accessories that will get your BMW R1200 GS closer to BMW GS Trophy-spec
- NewsExclusive: 2018 Toyota Yaris to be launched in India on April 24, bookings now open
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg teased before March 23 reveal in Beijing
- ReviewRange Rover Velar P250 road test review
- NewsForce Motors announces joint venture with Rolls-Royce Power Systems under Force MTU Power Systems banner
- News2018 Bentley Continental GT launching in India on March 24
- FeaturesBetter riding: You must be able to see where you're going! | Near miss!
- NewsMG Motor to launch first car in India earlier than planned, by second quarter of 2019
- NewsUpcoming 700km Mumbai-Nagpur expressway to reduce travel time by half
- NewsIndian Oil begins doorstep delivery of diesel in India