2014 Renault Koleos facelift launched in India, gets new variants starting at Rs 22.33 lakh
Renault India has launched the 2014 Koleos SUV just before 2014 Auto Expo with two more variants. This is the first major upgrade for the Koleos which hasn't seen good sales since its introduction nearly two years back. All the three models will be showcased at the upcoming 2014 Auto Expo.
Till now, the Koleos was offered in India only as a 4×4 with automatic transmission. The update now includes a 4×2 MT and a 4×4 MT variant. The entire range is powered by the 2.0-litre diesel engine.
2014 Renault Koleos facelift
The 2WD variant will have max power of 150PS and max torque of 320Nm. The 4WD variants will have their power upped to 173PS and 360Nm. Power is transmitted from the engine to the wheels via a 6-speed automatic for the AT and a 6-speed manual transmission for the MT variants.
The 4×4 manual is the fastest of the lot with 0-100kmph dash completed in 9.9 seconds, while the 4x4 AT gets there in a sluggish 11.9 seconds. The 2WD does the sprint in 11.5 seconds.
Koleos is now available in three variants
Claimed ARAI-backed fuel-efficiency figures for the 4x4 MT and AT are 16.26kmpl and 14.56kmpl respectively, while the 2WD gives 17.15kmpl.
The base 2WD variant has been priced more aggressively to boost sales, nearly Rs 50,000 less than the outgoing model. The 2WD starts at Rs 22.33 lakh and the top end 4x4 AT costs 26.19 lakh, ex-showroom Delhi. The Renault Koleos' competition in India includes the Hyundai Santa Fe, Honda CR-V and the SsangYong Rexton.
The 2014 Renault Koleos facelift interiors
Features which set it apart from the outgoing model are a heavily chromed grille, a bigger Renault logo and a decent share of chrome on its side protectors. The base model gets the single tone 17-inch alloys, while the 4x4 variant gets the two tone version. A new 'ebony brown' paint scheme is also on offer.
In terms of features, the new R-Link infotainment system in the Koleos can be accessed through voice control or the console-mounted joystick and comes with a seven-inch touch screen. This is, however, likely to be an option for the top of the line variant only. The 4x4 AT also gets the widely praised Bose audio system.
The 2014 Koleos also gets a reverse camera, hands-free card, Hill Start Assist and Hill Descent Control. Another useful feature is the Blind Spot Warning (BSW) function which sends a visual alert whenever a vehicle is detected in the blind spot.
Starts Rs 22.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 23.84 Lakhs
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero RR 450 to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled