2014 Skoda Rapid facelift to be launched in India in October
After the launch of the new Yeti, Skoda India will be bringing in the facelifted Rapid. The new Rapid will now feature the same 1.5 TDI seen under the hood of the Polo and the soon to be launched Vento.
Until now, there hasn't been a GT version of the Rapid or even a TSI one. But this time around, aside from the TDI treatment, Skoda will be offering the sedan with the 1.2 TSI engine. Skoda just confirmed that there will be no TSI variant. The 1.5-litre TDI motor is expected to come in two states of tune - at 90PS/220Nm with a manual gearbox and at 105PS/250Nm mated to a DSG. There is also a 105PS petrol automatic variant in the pipeline.
That's not all. The updated Rapid will get projector headlamps and possibly a body kit to add to the all-new feel.
Expect the new Rapid to be launched early next month. And at a price lower than the Vento's.
Starts Rs 7.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.78 Lakhs
- NewsFounder of Nikola Motor, fuel-cell transit revolutionary, resigns amidst claims of fraud
- NewsTata Nexon EV subscription rates dropped for limited period, now at Rs 34,900
- NewsMG Hector gets dual-tone colour options, prices start from Rs 16.84 lakh
- NewsHyundai Tucson and Elantra get new warranty and maintenance plan
- Review2020 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Turbo road test review