2014 Skoda Yeti facelift to be launched in India on September 10
The facelifted Skoda Yeti showcased earlier at the Auto Expo is set to be launched in India on September 10. This is the first time Skoda's gentle monster undergoes a revamp for the Indian market since its launch in 2011.
On the outside, the Yeti gets the new Skoda logo and sheds whatever little ruggedness it earlier commanded for a more corporate look associated with the marquee. The headlamps are now angular, the grille has become wider and the bumper is also new. The fog lamps are now more elongated than the round ones in the old Yeti. A choice of new alloy wheels will also be offered. At the rear, the lights will also be revised.
Inside the cabin the quality of materials is expected to get more premium. Skoda is also expected to add more features to the Yeti's kitty. Under the hood, we assume the SUV will have the same engines which power the outgoing car - the 2.0 TDI engine in the 105 and 140PS guise. While the former will be a front wheel drive, the latter is an all-wheel drive. There is also talk of an automatic transmission being introduced in the Yeti though assuming the manual to be standard is a safe bet right now.
With the upgrade, things might look up for Skoda's meek mountain man which had failed to catch on in the market due to cheaper alternatives offering more features. Skoda might price the new Yeti in the same range as the outgoing one in order to keep competition tight.
- NewsUpcoming Triumph Trident middleweight roadster is almost production ready
- News810PS all-electric Hyundai RM20e prototype showcases future N brand potential
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Tasting spicy delicacies of Maharashtra in Hyundai Verna
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class LWB facelift revealed
- FeaturesProduct review: BOSCH GDS 18V-EC 250 impact wrench