2014 Volkswagen Polo facelift unveiled
Volkswagen has officially taken the wraps off the refreshed Polo. While the 2014 Volkwagen Polo may look almost identical at first to its predecessor, a closer glance will reveal smart new headlamps with integrated LED elements and a new, more grown up looking, front bumper.
With those large wheels the car looks quite a bit like its elder sibling, the Golf although we don't expect the Indian car to run such large wheels. The rear features a few tweaks as well with new tail lamps and a slightly tweaked bumper.
The bigger changes are on the inside. The Polo always had a very mature and European loking cabin and it only gets better with this refresh. Both the centre console and the steering wheel are new and there's a new colour display included as well. The silver accents significantly improve the visual appeal of the generally all black cabin.
Internationally, VW will offer the Polo with a range of new engines but we expect the Indian car to continue with the choice of 3-cylinder petrol and diesel engines. The more powerful variants will get the 1.6-litre diesel from the Vento and the turbocharged 1.2 TSI petrol mated to that excellent 7-speed DSG gearbox. VW will put the car on sale later this year.
Starts Rs 5.42 Lakhs
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Street's Not Dead
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg unveiled in Beijing
- NewsYamaha cuts prices of YZF-R1 by Rs 2.6 lakh, MT-09 by Rs 1.3 lakh
- NewsProduction-spec Tata H5X SUV seen in camouflage
- NewsRoyal Enfield Thunderbird 350 launched in Australia as Rumbler 350
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra dominates Leg 4
- NewsRefreshed Bajaj Pulsar 150 spotted before March-end launch
- NewsFord and Mahindra to co-develop SUVs and EVs
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina to turn carmaker, launch EV hypercar