2014 Volkswagen Polo facelift unveiled
Volkswagen has officially taken the wraps off the refreshed Polo. While the 2014 Volkwagen Polo may look almost identical at first to its predecessor, a closer glance will reveal smart new headlamps with integrated LED elements and a new, more grown up looking, front bumper.
With those large wheels the car looks quite a bit like its elder sibling, the Golf although we don't expect the Indian car to run such large wheels. The rear features a few tweaks as well with new tail lamps and a slightly tweaked bumper.
The bigger changes are on the inside. The Polo always had a very mature and European loking cabin and it only gets better with this refresh. Both the centre console and the steering wheel are new and there's a new colour display included as well. The silver accents significantly improve the visual appeal of the generally all black cabin.
Internationally, VW will offer the Polo with a range of new engines but we expect the Indian car to continue with the choice of 3-cylinder petrol and diesel engines. The more powerful variants will get the 1.6-litre diesel from the Vento and the turbocharged 1.2 TSI petrol mated to that excellent 7-speed DSG gearbox. VW will put the car on sale later this year.
Starts Rs 5.54 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsSpec Comparo: Benelli TRK 502X vs Kawasaki Versys X 300 vs SWM SuperDual T
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani