2014 Volkswagen Polo facelift unveiled
Volkswagen has officially taken the wraps off the refreshed Polo. While the 2014 Volkwagen Polo may look almost identical at first to its predecessor, a closer glance will reveal smart new headlamps with integrated LED elements and a new, more grown up looking, front bumper.
With those large wheels the car looks quite a bit like its elder sibling, the Golf although we don't expect the Indian car to run such large wheels. The rear features a few tweaks as well with new tail lamps and a slightly tweaked bumper.
The bigger changes are on the inside. The Polo always had a very mature and European loking cabin and it only gets better with this refresh. Both the centre console and the steering wheel are new and there's a new colour display included as well. The silver accents significantly improve the visual appeal of the generally all black cabin.
Internationally, VW will offer the Polo with a range of new engines but we expect the Indian car to continue with the choice of 3-cylinder petrol and diesel engines. The more powerful variants will get the 1.6-litre diesel from the Vento and the turbocharged 1.2 TSI petrol mated to that excellent 7-speed DSG gearbox. VW will put the car on sale later this year.
Starts Rs 5.54 Lakhs
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed