2014 Volvo S80 facelift to launch in India on March 19
The new face lifted Volvo S80 will be launched in India on March 19. The S80 is the oldest model on offer in India from the Swedish brand. The facelift gives the design some minor changes.
The front sees the most revisions in the form of a smaller grille, new headlamps with daytime running lights and a redesigned bumper. The side profile gets no changes apart from the new design on the alloy wheels and the rear sees a small change to the bumper.
2014 Volvo S80
Interiors are well laid out with all the functions easily accessible. The dashboard gets a new more sensitive 7-inch Sensus touch screen. Internet connectivity can be accessed in-car by way of a dongle or the user's internet enabled mobile phone. Varied services are available after internet connectivity has been established. These include worldwide radio stations, full internet browsing, augmented navigation information, weather forecast and Volvo service locator among others. The dashboard is laid out in an all-black ensemble with mixes of wood while the buttons are logically laid out and easily accessible.
The S80 is offered with two options of the in-line five cylinder diesel engines coming in the 2.0 and 2.4litre configurations. The 2.0litre powers the base variant producing 165PS and 400Nm of max torque. The 2.4litre gives power to the top spec model producing 218PS and the same amount of torque as the lower capacity engine.
- FeaturesInterview: Economics behind X1 Racing with co-founder Abhinandan Balasubramanian
- NewsNext Generation Skoda Rapid design sketches unveiled - India launch expected in 2021
- News2019 Hyundai Venue SUV gets over 75,000 bookings in five months
- News2019 Tokyo Motor Show: Toyota Mirai FCEV concept unveiled
- NewsKawasaki ZH2 supercharged spotted ahead of its October 23 global debut