Exclusive video: 2015 Audi A6 facelift caught testing in India
Audi gave the A6 its midlife makeover last year and showed the updated model at the 2014 Paris Motor Show. A couple of days back, we told you that this updated. Well, here it is. Almost.
OVERDRIVE reader and intern, Sankalp Mehta, spotted the 2015 A6 on test in Mumbai alongside the all-new Q7 that we caught on camera a couple of weeks back. The A6 was roaming about town without any camouflage. After all, it would take an eagle-eyed enthusiast to tell the new A6 from the outgoing one (our interns are the best, aren't they?).
The facelift gives the A6 a new set of tail lights that have the new familial detailing. At the front, there's a new grille and the Matrix adaptive LEDs for the headlamps. The interiors will remain largely unchanged save for a newer version of Audi's multimedia interface and a few additions to the kit here and there.
Internationally, the A6 now gets new states of tune for its diesel engines. The popular 2.0 TDI has been uprated from its 177PS output to 190PS, while the range-topping 3.0 TDI now comes in three states of tune 218PS and 272PS variants for the turbocharged units and 320PS for the biturbo counterpart. The 2.0 TFSI petrol has been replaced with the newer 1.8 TFSI from the A3. For the front-wheel-driven models like the 2.0 TDI, the CVT gearbox has finally been replaced with the slicker dual-clutch unit. It will be interesting to see which of these mechanical updates come to the India-spec facelift of the A6.
The A6's updated headlights get matrix adaptive LEDs
The updated tail lights feature the new familial design
We expect to see the 2015 Audi A6 to be launched commercially in India in the second quarter of this calendar year. Stay tuned for more updates.
Starts Rs 51.93 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Leg 1 sets the event rolling today with SS 1 to SS 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers