2015 F3 Macau Grand Prix: Arjun Maini places tenth overall
Arjun Maini, who is currently driving for Team Threebond by T-Sport, finished tenth at the final race of the 62nd Macau Grand Prix on Sunday, November 22, 2016.
The 17-year old Indian had finished ninth in the qualifying race, where he overshot Team Carlin driver Antonio Giovinazzi who suffered a 20-second penalty but managed a fourth place overall.
First three places were bagged by Felix Rosenqvist (SJM Theodore Racing by Prema Powerteam), Charles Leclerc (Van Amersfoort Racing) and Alexander Sims (Double R Racing).
Arjun Maini's switch from Van Amersfoort Racing to Threebond by T-Sport was a recent one and his was the only car on the grid with a Japanese Tomei engine. "It's been a hard weekend and I'm satisfied with my performance. The nature of this track is quite unique and it's one of the hardest I've had to race in, in my short career so far. Though I've done a lot of sim work, the actual race weekend is quite different and I think I've coped with the challenge of driving for a new team quite well. I'd obviously like to thank T-Sport and Threebond for the phenomenal work they have put in and all the effort they have made in helping me adapt to a new environment so quickly," said the Bangalore driver, who finished 24.863 seconds behind the winner.
Maini now has set his sights set on the season next year, as he finalises a team and continues with the testing schedule.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept