2015 Fiat Punto facelift leaked
The 2015 Fiat Punto facelift is long overdue and the test mules have been doing the rounds around the carmaker's Ranjangaon plant for quite some time. During the 2014 Auto Expo, we told you that the Punto facelift would wear an updated fascia and tail lights inspired from the Avventura concept that was shown in New Delhi. Unsurprisingly then, an image that claims to have leaked out from a presentation from the Fiat headquarters, confirms what we have claimed.
The image shows the Avventura-inspired front-end with the new headlamps that have swept back extensions
The image shows the Avventura-inspired front-end with the new headlamps that have swept back extensions. Unlike the Avventura's headlights though which have projector beam lamps, these seem to be a conventional multi-focal reflector units. There is a trapezoidal grille that is larger than the one on the current Punto and has revised airdams and fog-lamps with chrome garnish. The alloy wheels seen in the image are different than the ones we have seen on the test mules in India. The interiors will be similar to the new Linea.
The headlamp design as seen on a camouflaged Punto mule
The 2015 Fiat Punto facelift is expected to launch later this year and the festive season is our bet. Expect the pricing to be slightly higher than the outgoing model.
Image credit: Indianautosblog
Starts Rs 7.06 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show