2015 Ford Figo hatchback launched in India at Rs 4.29 lakh
Ford India has just launched the new Figo in India. Prices start at Rs 4.29 lakh (ex-Delhi). There are three engine options and seven trims on offer. Prices for the diesel options start at Rs 5.29 lakh (ex-Delhi).
The new Figo borrows quite a lot from the Figo Aspire - starting from the looks which are exactly the same as the sedan, right up till the C-pillar. It also runs the same 14-inch wheels. The similarities continue all the way inside where the interiors are done in black with a beige background - it gets the same steering wheel too. And just like the sedan, the top-end trim gets six airbags, Ford's MyKey feature ( a programmable key that allows you to dial in a restricted driving mode that sets a cap on the speed as well as the audio system's volume) and Sync with Ford AppLink. Boot capacity is a generous 257 litres and ground clearance is 174mm. There are 20 storage spaces available. The new Figo is also available with Ford's Emergency Assist.
There are three engine options to choose from. Two petrol and one diesel. The petrol is a tweaked version of the outgoing Figo's 1.2-litre unit and it now makes 88PS. It is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The other petrol mill, a 100PS 1.5-litre unit comes mated to a 6-speed dual clutch Powershift automatic. The diesel is also a 100PS 1.5-litre unit which, according to Ford, has a fuel efficiency of 25.83kmpl.
Dual airbags are standard across the range which we believe is a good move on Ford's part. Apart from the Polo and Liva, this is the only compact hatchback that has dual airbags as standard.
Ford Figo prices
|Base||Rs 4.29 lakh|
|Ambiente||Rs 4.56 lakh|
|Trend||Rs 5 lakh|
|Trend+||Rs 5.25 lakh|
|Titanium||Rs 5.75 lakh|
|Titanium with automatic||Rs 6.91 lakh|
|Titanium+||Rs 6.40 lakh|
|Base||Rs 5.29 lakh|
|Ambiente||Rs 5.62 lakh|
|Trend||Rs 5.97 lakh|
|Trend+||Rs 6.22 lakh|
|Titanium||Rs 6.72 lakh|
|Titanium+||Rs 7.40 lakh|
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha M-Slaz
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Creon concept