2015 Frankfurt Motor Show: Audi E-Tron Quattro concept previews upcoming hybrid SUV
At the Volkswagen group night that got underway the evening before the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show kicked off, Audi showcased the E-Tron Quattro concept that it had teased a few days back. The concept, as Ulrich Hackenberg, a member of the Audi Board of Management for Technical Development, puts it, "provides a concrete foretaste" of a luxury SUV that will hit the market by 2018.
Expected to take shape as the Q6, the E-Tron Quattro concept claims a range of 500km from its electrical propulsion. The latter comes in the form of three electric motors - one for the front axle and one each at the rear wheels. The combined output at the conceptual stage is a staggering 430PS. Using a boost function, the motors can churn out 500PS of power and 800Nm of torque! That, says Audi, is good to propel the car from standstill to 100kmph in 4.6s. Top speed will be electronically restricted to 210kmph.
Apart from the steering mounted controls, there are hardly any switches in the cabin. It has plenty of touchscreen panels though
The concept also debuts new Matrix OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) lamps, which consume much lesser energy among other benefits like size, life and construction. The concept features a solar roof as well to add a bit of constant charge to the battery during the daytime.
Starts Rs 63.12 Lakhs
- NewsAll-electric 2,000PS Lotus Evija hypercar details revealed, takes on Pininfarina Battista and Rimac C_Two
- NewsSuzuki Gixxer SF Moto GP edition launched for the price of Rs 1.1 lakh
- NewsHero Xtreme 200R street-naked motorcycle gets another price hike - will cost Rs 91,900
- NewsHero Xtreme 200S fully-faired motorcycle gets a price hike in India
- NewsKia Seltos SUV garners over 6000 bookings on the first day - launch on August 22